BMW R1200R Touring Special (2011)
Features and Specifications
• Excellent all-round qualities.
• Air-cooled 2-cylinder flat twin engine with 1170 cc capacity and balancing shaft.
• Powerful engine with an output of 80 kW/109 bhp at 7 500 rpm.
• High maximum torque of 115 Nm at 6 000 rpm for excellent pulling power.
• Electronic engine management BMS-K with dual ignition, knock control, oxygen sensor and closed-loop three-way catalytic converter.
• Light and stable, two-section frame construction made of steel tubing.
• Rigid Telelever with sensitive response and a high degree of steering precision.
• Outstanding manoeuvrability, extremely high running stability.
• EVO Paralever with light universal drive.
• Electronic spring strut adjustment ESA on request.
• Powerful brake system.
• New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (optional extra).
• Automatic Stability Control ASC (only in conjunction with Integral ABS; optional extra).
• Dynamic, modern and yet timeless design.
• New comfort seat (seat height 800 mm, inner leg length 1840 mm) or high comfort seat (seat height 830 mm, inner leg length 1860 mm).
• On-board computer.
• Heated grips.
• Main stand.
• LED direction indicators.
• Chrome exhaust system.
• Sport windshield.
• Large pannier fastenings, including luggage rack and pillion passenger grab handles.
• Common locking panniers.
USA MSRP: Touring Package: $13,795
= Type Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke, one camshaft and four valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
= Bore x stroke 101 mm x 73 mm
= Capacity 1170 cc
= Rated output 109hp (80 kW) at 7,500 rpm
= Max. torque 85 lb/ft (115 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
= Compression ratio 12.0 : 1
= Mixture control / engine management Electronic intake pipe injection/BMS-K digital engine management with overrun fuel cut-off, twin-spark ignition
= Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
Performance / fuel consumption
= Maximum speed Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
= Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h 4.1 l
= Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h 5.5 l
= Fuel type Unleaded premium
= Electrical system
= Alternator three-phase alternator 600 W
= Battery 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
= Clutch Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
= Gearbox Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
= Drive Shaft drive
Chassis / brakes
= Frame Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections with load-bearing engine-gearbox unit
= Front wheel location / suspension BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 35 mm, central spring strut
= Rear wheel location / suspension Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel; rebound damping adjustable.
= Suspension travel front / rear 4.7 inches (120 mm) / 5.5 inches (140 mm)
= Wheelbase 58.9 inches (1495 mm)
= Castor 4.7 inches (119 mm)
= Steering head angle 62.9°
= Wheels Cast aluminium
= Rim, front 3.50 x 17''
= Rim, rear 5.50 x 17''
= Tyres, front 120/70 ZR 17
= Tyres, rear 180/55 ZR 17
= Brake, front Twin disc, floating brake discs, 320 mm diameter, four-piston fixed calipers
= Brake, rear Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
= ABS Optional extra: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
Dimensions / weights
= Length 84.4 inches (2145 mm)
= Width (incl. mirrors) 34.3 inches (872 mm)
= Height (excl. mirrors) 50.6 inches (1285 mm)
= Seat height, unladen weight 31.5 inches (800 mm) (low seat: 30.3 inches [770 mm], high seat: 32.7 inches [830 mm])
= Inner leg curve, unladen weight 70.9 inches (1800 mm) (low seat: 69.3 inches [1760 mm], high seat: 73.2 inches [1860 mm])
= Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1) 492 lbs (223 kg)
= Dry weight 2) 437 lbs (198 kg)
= Permitted total weight 992 lbs (450 kg)
= Payload (with standard equipment) 500 lbs (227 kg)
= Usable tank volume 4.6 U.S. gallons (18.0 l)
= Reserve approx. 1 gallon (3.0 l)
= Night Black Non-Metallic
= Midnight black with stripe
= Granite Gray Metallic
= Biarritz Blue Metallic
= Alpine White
Motorcycle Insurance Info
Who will provide physical damage insurance coverage for custom built motorcycles?