Sunday, January 25, 2009

Trip To Manx Isle

I Was 23 years old, just came to finished my studies,and after the first "coyote days", 9 of my closest Coyote friends went to the Tourist Trophy in June, by bus from South West of France to the "3 legs Island". I was so confused not to participate at this trip,  I decided, to go alone, with two big bags, my tent, a flight ticket throught London, to spend great times on the Manx Isle.
I arrived in Casteltown Airport, took the bus, booked the first room I founded in Douglas in a B&B, drunk a good beer (stout) at the pub and slept....
a standard line-up in front of the pub


half car,half motorcycle, the cycle car is a strange creature 


The next day, the sky was sunny, I took a cab and arrived in the paddocks. I finded some frenchies, and surely the good one, Bruno Leroy, 1998 Junior TT winner, on an 350 Aermacchi prepared by Dick Linton. I fitted my tent in the paddock, and now free to spend good hollidays.


I bought my Davida helmet and my googles in Douglas in a very old shop, i was ready to ask everyone to take me on the bike, It revealed a very good solution. I did 3 or 4 circuit lap with Bruno, very very impressive. The first thing we did with Bruno was to go to the Feeries Bridge and made the wish.......

The story began on the Peter Murray Museum, in the TT mountains, in Bungalow exactly, an absolute must. I took in Douglas the very old train to go to Laxey, and see the famous Laxey Wheel. Arrived, the tram brings me to Bungalow on the top of Snaefell mount, I entered in the museum and let see the bikes........
Inside, among the 140 motorcycles, the air smelt of oil, dust and leather, like the very old workshops.....








Very soon, the next step of this magic travel......

Laurent

0 comments:

Post a Comment