Monday, June 22, 2009

Frustration...

Due to some personal matters going on in life, I've largely been ignoring a situation brewing for the last couple of weeks. Specifically, I had lent my FZ6 to a friend whose bike was damaged during a track day when the control rider cut him off and he went down in what, by all accounts, was a rather spectacular fashion.

Well, this friend crashed my FZ6 - a low-side on the street. Police were called, papers were filed, etc. The bike needs, as indicated in the photo, lots of work to many sections of the bike. In addition, there's visible frame damaged (a scrape, nothing more serious) which would likely cause the bike to be totaled by the insurance company.

My friend is now complaining that he can't afford to fix the bike for me - I'm guesstimating about a $1000 repair bill for parts and for me to do the work. He's also claiming that for reasons unknown to me, he "can't" turn it in to his insurance. I'm sure this is just his way of staving off any insurance increases.

I'm beginning to get angry, and I'm already frustrated about it. I'm glad he's ok and in the end, it's just a bike and it can be repaired. Shit happens in life. It's how we handle things that matter. I am very, very unhappy about how this is being handled. I had honestly hoped that by now I'd get my FZ back completely repaired, or at least a pile of new parts and an offer to help.

Neither. This marks the last time I lend out anything so important, so expensive or so... whatever. I'm pissed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment