Monday, February 22, 2010

Two Brothers M-5 Exhaust Review

Two Brothers M-5 Exhaust Review
In short the Two Brothers M-5 Exhaust for the SV650 sounds orgasmic. I installed the carbon fiber can and the look of it compared to other CF cans is far superior. Park it next to a M4 CF can and you'll notice the difference right away. M4, the seemingly most popular brand for the SV's, makes a very dingy looking CF can and it doesn't seem to have the lines the Two Bros does. Installation isn't too bad and once you take off the stock can you realize how light the Two Bros' is. Like most, I started my bike prior to installing the new can...loud. Once the new can was on, the bike was still loud but that harsh sound had been soothed and massaged quite a bit into what a true V-Twin sportbike SHOULD sound like.
Now...I've wanted a Ducati for a LONG time. I love the SV but who doesn't like the way a Duc sounds? I had been trying to emulate the sound but now that I've put this can on I almost want to say I like the sound of the SV a bit more. I have a friend with the Monster 800 and arrow exhaust. I brought the bike over and he was jealous of the sound it was putting out. I've had people come up and comment on how nice the bike sounds as well as a guy the other day ride by with a 1198 and dual termignoni exhaust, slow down, check out the bike/pipe and give me a thumbs up...and then he dissapeared in a cloud of dust.

I've put about 3,000 miles on since I installed the exhaust and here are some pros/cons:
- Sounds amazing...but its also very loud. I wouldnt want to ride on the freeway, etc without earplugs. Noise however at cruising speed is negligible...this was helpful on my road trip. They do make tips that help reduce added noise but who wants that :)
- I get much more notice now when in traffic or splitting lanes. Obviously a great thing but you also run the risk of getting the wrong kind of attention such as a cop, etc if you're going too fast
- The finish on the exhaust tip isn't too durable. I had my saddle bags on backwards and the edge of one rubbed on the tip of the exhaust. The gold finish was rubbed of of that one section.
- You'll have to repack the exhaust at some point
- Looks are far better than most other exhausts on the market
- The mid pipe and other hardware look like they are of better quality than other brands.

Overall, I'd absolutely buy another Two Bros can for any other bike I purchase.

EDIT: I've finally uploaded the videos. The problem is that I am using the video function on my camera. Now its not terrible but it doesn't capture sound well. It seems to cancel out all of the higher frequency noise the Two Bros can produces so in the VIDEOS it seems MUCH less loud than stock...that is the complete opposite. The Stock pipe is whisper quiet in comparison. Sorry for the poor videos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment