Home »Unlabelled » Sepang MotoGP Test
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Mania MotoGP - MotoGP 2011 official test session begins today, February 1st, 2011 at the Sepang circuit, Malaysia. Seventeenth rider who entered the 2011 MotoGP line-up took part, plus three test rider (two from Yamaha, one of Honda).
10 2011 Repsol Honda Stoner Fastest On Day Sepang Test Session PertamaPada first session rider team San Carlo Honda Gresini, Hiroshi Aoyama emerged as the fastest with a time of 2:02.483 seconds. Followed by his team-mate Marco Simoncelli (+0005) and the Repsol Honda rider, Casey Stoner (+0406). Meanwhile, Jorge Lorenzo only occupies the 8th position with a record time of 2:03.644 or adrift 1161 from Aoyama.
Dani Pedrosa who has not been able to perform optimally because it is still in the stage of healing became the fastest to-5. While the rider of the most eagerly awaited action that is Valentino Rossi, only able to score the 11th-fastest time behind Hector Barbera, Ducati rider from team Aspar.
The situation changed drastically in the 2nd session. Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo and Casey Stoner scored the best time to meet another one another. Lorenzo had the lead and end the first day test session early. As the defending champion was not there on the track, the record could be exceeded by Stoner's time.
Test will continue tomorrow (2 February) and ends on Wednesday, February 3 next. Here are the results of the first test day at Sepang circuit, Malaysia (source: crash).
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.574s (52 laps)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.977s (44 laps)
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.024s (61 laps)
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.295s (52 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 2.332s (29 laps)
6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 2.422s (65 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.483s (65 laps)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.507s (57 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.514s (60 laps)
10. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.152s (63 laps)
11. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.224s (49 laps)
12. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 3.365s (30 laps)
13. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 3.508s (65 laps)
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.695s (63 laps)
15. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 3.767s (59 laps)
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 4.009s (62 laps)
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 4.238s (64 laps)
18. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 4.470s (52 laps)
19. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 4.717s (58 laps)
20. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 5.235s (48 laps)
at 6:15 PM