Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Ran across this chart on the internet, and I came to the realization that I’m not a 1%’er, a Biker, a Chopper Rider, or a Motorcyclist, I’m Just a “Poser”.
The Urban Dictionary describes Posers as:
“A poser is someone who tries to fit into a profile they aren't. People who try to give off the impression that they are one thing when they are really another.
Also, a poser can be one who says they can do something that they can't….”
Here are the reasons why I’m just a “Poser”:
1. I don’t ride a Chopper I ride a Cruiser.
2. I don’t ride a Harley Davidson; I ride a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic.
3. I wear a helmet, (a half helmet anyway).
4. I occasionally wear a Dew Rag my daughter gave me as a gift, or the ones my mother-in-law picked up for me to keep my hair in line and sweat out of my eyes while I ride.
5. My cell phone is a Palm Treo running MS Windows Mobile.
6. I wear my inexpensive Timex Ironman watch on my commute to and from work.
7. I wear an oversized FMC Leather Jacket when the weather warrants it and an OSI Cool Mesh Jacket in summer.
8. I don’t carry a check book and my wallet is usually empty.
9. I tend to shy away from designer clothes, but I love my black Guinness T-Shirt.
10. I don’t currently own a biker wallet but I am looking for one that I could take the chain on and off for when I’m at work.
11. My bike is not a Garage Queen, but only gets ridden at least five days a week and is usually parked out in the elements all day at work.
12. I have to ride to work in dress slacks and other times I like my black Wranglers.
13. I wear oversized Street & Steel Leather Chaps when the weather warrants.
14. I wear my Harley, or my Bates boots to ride in.
15. I work on my own bike.
16. I wear Oakley Sunglasses my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas many years ago or some inexpensive clear motorcycle glasses at night.
17. I have a Guardian Angel Bell hanging off the bottom of my motorcycle that my daughter gave me.
18. I enjoy reading about motorcycling.
19. I like motorcycle racing.
20. I publish a blog about motorcycles and motorcycling.
21. I tweet about motorcycling, Torch762.
22. I don’t belong to a Motorcycle Club.
23. I like other folks that ride other brands and classes of two wheeled transportation.
24. I have not been riding since birth.
So, despite that I ride more days than not, and even in the rain, (they think I’m crazy at work), I am just a “Poser” after all. I think I’ll keep on riding, enjoying the experience, and just be myself.