Monday, January 31, 2011

1910 Model 3 1/2 Norton

Sent by Andrew in Australia


This Norton is an original machine. It belonged to Eric Langton (brother of Oliver). It came out of South Australia about 40 years ago. It had corroded crankcases and Eric made a pattern and cast new ones but I have the original cases in my shed. I took these and lots more photos in the ally way behind the house where it is stored. I then took it home and fixed the magneto and rode it a few times. It went really well. I spent a far amount of time talking with Eric about pattern making and lots about riding for the Scott factory in the TT and then lots about world champianship speed way racing, all very interesting. I have just about finished a pattern for the cylinders for this machine if someone needs one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment