Home »Unlabelled » Qatar MotoGP Qualifying Stoner on pole
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Losail - Casey Stoner proved if the Losail circuit indeed be his favorite arena. In the qualifying session Honda rider was unbearable to snatch pole position for tomorrow's race. Behind him there are Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo.
In a qualifying session is held on Sunday (20/03/2011) pm dawn, Stoner dominant since the beginning of this session. Despite the achievement of his time had passed by Pedrosa, Stoner finally able to end the qualifiers with a record time of 1 minute 54.137 seconds.
Meanwhile, Pedrosa had to settle for starting in the second position with Raihan time 0.205 seconds slower than his new colleagues are.
Lorenzo's world champion who appeared less slick in pre-season test session and free practice managed to improve his performance by occupying the third start time of 1 minute by Raihan 54.947 seconds.
Partners Lorenzo in Yamaha, Ben Spies was sitting in fifth position with a time 0.958 seconds slower than Stoner. Completing the top five positions there of Gresini Honda's Marco Simoncelli in fourth position with a time of 1 minute 54.988 seconds.
Unfavorable fate must be accepted that Valentino Rossi had to settle for the next race started with his Ducati from the 9th after the finish this session with a time of 1 minute 55.637 seconds.
Full results of Qatar MotoGP qualifying
Pos Driver Team Time Difference
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m54.137s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 0.205s 1m54.342s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m54.947s + 0.810s
4. Marco Simoncelli Honda Gresini 1m54.988s + 0.851s
5. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m55.095s + 0.958s
6. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m55.223s + 1.086s
7. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 1.092s 1m55.229s
8. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m55.578s + 1.441s
9. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m55.637s + 1.500s
10. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m55.647s + 1.510s
11. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m55.656s + 1.519s
12. Hiroshi Aoyama Honda Gresini 1m55.724s + 1.587s
13. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m55.881s + 1.744s
14. Loris Capirossi Ducati 1m56.323s + 2.186s Pramac
15. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m56.665s + 2.528s
16. Toni Elias Honda LCR + 3.855s 1m57.992s
at 5:50 AM